Almost every time we drive somewhere these days, we encounter a road construction work zone. These can be quite treacherous, especially when we lose a lane or two, and we have to quickly merge into the far right hand or left hand lane.
The Lassen Law Firm, 29% contingency fee car accident lawyers, asks you to stay frosty and alert and cognizant of these work zones, especially at night, when the majority of road maintenance occurs.
Tips when driving through a road work zone in PA:
- Be on the lookout for those pesky orange barrels
- Watch out for barrels which cause narrowing lanes
- Be mindful of PennDot workers near these barrels
- Slow down when you see orange barrels
- Don't exceed the reduced speed signs
- Don't talk on your cell phone in a work zone (or otherwise)
- Definitely don't text while nearing a work zone
- Keep a greater distance between you and the car in front of you
The Lassen Law Firm wants us all to be safe and responsible when entering work zones in Pennsylvania. There is an increased risk of accidents at these work zones, and serious injury and death of both motorists and PennDot workers may occur.
However, in the unfortunate event of an accident, the Lassen Law Firm is here to help.